Do you ever need to send large attachments (files or photos) via email but the message gets rejected from the receipient’s email server? There are a lot of ISP’s (AOL, Yahoo, etc) that put a restriction on the size of attachments that can be sent via email. As an alternative, you can use YouSendIt (www.yousendit.com) service to send your large files. This service acts like a virtual FTP site.
- You compose your email online and then attach the file (if there are more than one file, then they should be zipped (compressed)) and then click on SendIt.
- YouSendIt will then upload the file to their servers as a repository location.
- The Lite (FREE) service will allow you to send a maximum file size of 100 MB/email message.The recipient will receive an email from you with a link to the file.
- If the file attachment is more than 20 MB, then you will need to sign up and create an account. The registration is FREE.
- They click on the link and then it will prompt the user to download and save the file.
- You do not want to click on Open after Download. You want to save the file and then open it up using it’s related program.
Enjoy and start sending those large file attachments!
To learn more about how to make better decisions and grow your business, contact us at [email protected] or call 1-866-EMAZZANTI.