Hoboken, New Jersey – June 7, 2011 –A new website and knowledge center from eMazzanti Technologies, a PCI DSS and IT support specialist, provides information and a free PCI DSS compliance network assessment—a must for any company doing business online. If a business takes credit or debit cards online, it must adhere to the new Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards—known as PCI DSS Compliance—or face significant fines and penalties.
The standard exists to protect private cardholder data.
“The need to secure cardholder data and comply with the PCI DSS mandates is not going away,” notes Carl Mazzanti, eMazzanti Technologies. “If you transact business online with payment cards, you’ve got to get educated about and get compliant with PCI.”
Free PCI DSS Knowledge Center
eMazzanti Technologies has created a new PCI DSS website knowledge center to provide online businesses with the information and resources they need to become compliant. Visitors can:
- Get a free network assessment for PCI compliance
- Access a live podcast entitled: “Ten Myths of PCI Compliance”
- Download white two white papers: “Finding Value in a Turbulent Economy with PCI DSS” and “PCI Requirements Mapping.”
- Find IT and PCI experts to implement solutions across businesses of all sizes.
Why is PCI DSS Compliance So Important?
The list of merchants that have experienced a breach in the security of credit card data continues to grow. The frequency of these data loss events, mounting financial losses, and systemic fear created among consumers are driving a new awareness of the relevance and importance of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and proactive information security and risk management practices for merchants. The threat of a data breach to an organization and the subsequent damage to customers and company are real.
However, the task of complying with the PCI DSS mandates and securing cardholder data can be a daunting project for most merchants. PCI DSS defines detailed technical, physical, and administrative mandates.
“Taking no action is not an option. Partial compliance is not an option,” said Mazzanti. “PCI DSS offers only two alternatives – Pass or Fail. If you do not meet all of the requirements that apply to your organization, you fail.”
PCI Compliance: In-House or Outside Expertise?
There are several questions online merchants looking for a PCI solution should ask as they consider how to best address PCI DSS compliance issues:
- How loyal are your customers and will they stay with you in the event of a data breach?
- What is the cost of acquiring a new customer?
- Do you know the real cost of responding to law suits because there was a failure to protect personal financial data resulting in fraud and identity theft?
- Do you have in-house resources and expertise to perform self-assessments and prepare for outside audits?
Why eMazzanti for PCI Compliance Solutions?
eMazzanti Technologies provides a six-step PCI DSS Compliance strategy to help protect website customers from a data breach and online merchants from legal and financial repercussions.
- Step I: Build and maintain a secure network by installing and maintaining a proper firewall avoiding the use of vendor supplied defaults for passwords and security parameters.
- Step 2: Protect Cardholder Data through proper storage strategies and proper cardholder encryption solutions across open, public networks
- Step 3: Maintain a vulnerability management program that utilizes regularly updated anti-virus protection and maintains secure systems and applications.
- Step 4: Implement strong access control measures by restricting access to cardholder data, assigning a unique ID to each person with computer access, and restricting physical access to cardholder data.
- Step 5: Regularly monitor and test networks by tracking and monitoring all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Step 6: Maintain an information security policy that addresses information security for employees and contractors.
About eMazzanti Technologies
With a company name that sounds more like a purebred, high-performance sports car than a IT support and consulting firm, eMazzanti Technologies is all about delivering powerful solutions such as PCI DSS compliance solutions, computer network management, network troubleshooting, business continuity and disaster recovery, green computing, mobile workforce technology, information security, cloud computing, cloud computing services, and business information optimization in the most efficient manner possible. The Hoboken, N.J., firm is located in one of the most densely populated – and competitive – regions in the U.S. It provides business technology consulting services for companies ranging from home offices to multinational corporations throughout the New York metropolitan area and in three countries. For more information contact: Carl Mazzanti 201-360-4400 or emazzanti.net